An English-language Spanish animated feature that is weakly entertaining and retraces a vast amount of stereotypes of this genre. It could be missed without hesitation. Mark: 5 / 10
Pretentious. Overly theatrical. Unfocused. I'm not a fan of this (inexplicably praised) extremely long story about this (invented) Hungarian architect seeking for inner and professional recognition. And, frankly, both Brody and Jones have delivered better performances. Mark: 5.5 / 10
Sixteen nominations and seven wins at the David di Donatello awards, feature debut of the talented director Gabriele Mainetti, this pretty chaotic movie is pleasant and full of nice, funny quotes. The cast is extraordinary, especially Pastorelli and Marinelli. Mark: 7.5 / 10
I have to admit that, being a huge fan of the screenwriter and director Emerald Fennell, my expectations for her third instalment were pretty high: this is probably one of the reasons why I didn't appreciate this (very loose) adaptation. A shoutout just for the music. The rest is out of place. Mark: 5.5 / 10
Comments
Post a Comment